- Place the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to the gums, and brush in a circular motion.
- Place the brush, as shown, at a 45 degree angle to the braces and arch wire and brush in a circular motion. Push the bristles down under the wire.
- Place the brush over the wire, as shown and brush in a circular motion.
- Place the floss under the wire with a floss threader or use Super-Floss to do the same.
- Slide floss up and down against tooth surfaces and under the gum line. Floss each tooth thoroughly with a clean section of floss.
- Orthodontic flossers like Platypus Flossers can be used to floss without threading. Slide thin, spatula-like end underneath the wire.